Looking to jazz up your nights in Athens? Half Note, the city’s most classic jazz haunt in the neighbourhood of Mets, is back for another winter season. Don your smart casual attire, book your table, and sip on today’s moonshine to the soundtrack of some pretty great jazz acts that will be performing throughout the following month:
- Miranda Verouli Quintet presents a tribute to the great Astrud Gilberto, the woman who, during the 1960s, introduced the world to bossa nova. (25/10)
- White Boots Rhythm & Blues Quintet, who blend the blues with funk and soul. (26/10)
- Philipp Weiss & Stathis Anninos who present a contemporary version of Schumann’s romantic vocal music. (1 & 29/11)
- Andreas Polyzogopoulos Trio who pay homage to the delicate music of Chet Baker by dissing the drums, like Baker did during the final decade of his career. (2/11)
- Finally, Rachel Z - Sensual Tour Trio featuring Omar Hakim and Jonathan Toscano will take the stage for three days of pure New York jazz. Rachel Z, one of the finest contemporary performers, comes to Greece for the very first time. (4-7/11)
- The David Murray Quartet, led by one of the most sought-after musicians of the post-Coltrane jazz era. (17-20/11)
UPDATE: December's programme has been announced and includes perfromances by both local and international jazz stars such as Foteini Darra, Quad Piano Trio, Chico Freeman, Jeepers Creepers and more. Make sure to follow Half Note's events on Facebook for more announcements.