Athens’ world-class museums know the drill well now. When life gives you lemons (or in their case, second lockdowns), you take the show on-line. The Benaki Museum steps up with a rich helping of virtual culture to break up those long hours indoors as part of its #MuseumFromHome platform.
Here’s what’s on the menu:
* Be an art snoop and immerse yourself in 360˚ virtual tours of fascinating gallery spaces and view hundreds of works of art (with the option of six-language audio guides) for the following great museums:
- Benaki Museum of Greek Culture
- Benaki Museum of Islamic Art
- Benaki Museum / The Ghika Gallery
- Benaki Museum / The Yannis Pappas Studio (we guarantee you'll love the garden of statues!)
* Peek behind the scenes at some of the fascinating stories behind Benaki Museum objects - and the people associated with them – with their CLOSE UPS video series;
* Bone up on your art education with a series of video talks, Hellenic Together, and learn about everything from wedding rituals in Classical Greece to the charmed 20th century lives of British Grecophiles Patrick Leigh Fermor and John Caxton;
* Browse for arty Christmas gifts – or perk yourself up with some exclusive Greek designer goodies – at the Benaki’s online shopping gallery.